Managing a redundancy or restructure situation can be challenging, it can divide the workforce, impact on staff morale and cause considerable stress to all those involved including those managing the process.
Much of the stress can be caused by uncertainty around legal requirements and the responsibilities of those involved.
This course will clarify those issues and provide delegates with the confidence and knowledge to effectively manage a redundancy or restructure exercise within their establishment.
Who is it for?
Anyone with responsibility for planning, leading or managing a redundancy or restructure exercise.
What will the session cover?
- The legal framework and the steps involved in a redundancy or restructure exercise
- How to plan an effective timeline, taking into consideration consultation requirements and notice periods
- What the consultation process should involve
- How to develop and apply selection criteria
- The process around “slotting in” to roles following a restructure
- The process for hearing representations, giving notice and hearing appeals
- How to move forward following the conclusion of a redundancy or restructure exercise
Benefits of attending—You will be able to:
- Understand your legal responsibilities and reduce the opportunity for legal challenge
- Effectively plan, prepare and implement a redundancy or restructure exercise
- Ensure that the process is carried out in a fair and supportive manner
- Consider how best to move forward following a redundancy or restructure exercise
Please check our scheduled course dates here. If you can't find a suitable date or would like to find out about bespoke and in-house courses, please contact us by email at Training-Education@capita.co.uk or on 08712 307 899 to discuss your requirements.