Over half of all HR issues in organisations are in some way related to conflict between employees or between employees and their managers. As a result managers often spend a great deal of time dealing with HR issues which can, in some way, be traced back to conflict within the workplace. If unresolved this conflict can lead to increased absence levels, performance shortfalls or an increase in employment relations issues such as grievances or allegations of bullying or harassment. This course will provide delegates with some tools and techniques to improve communication in the workplace and resolve conflict before issues become entrenched.
Who is it for?
Anyone with line management responsibilities.
What will the session cover?
- How to deal with conflict between employees
- How to identify effective ways to manage communication and deal with conflict situations
- What the barriers to effective communication are
- Hints and tips on how to deal with difficult conversations
- The role mediation can play in resolving issues
Benefits of attending—You will be able to:
- Improve communication within the workplace
- Have a positive impact on employee motivation and morale
- Reduce workplace disputes and grievances through the effective handling of difficult situations
- Mediate effectively if a dispute arises between employees
- Reduce the risk of costly employment litigation
Please check our scheduled course dates here. If you can't find a suitable date or would like to find out about bespoke and in-house courses, please contact us by email at Training-Education@capita.co.uk or on 08712 307 899 to discuss your requirements.